- 16 oz linguine
- 3 slices bacon
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 T flour
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
- parsley (to garnish)
- black pepper (to garnish)
Preparation:1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain in a colander over a bowl, reserving 1/4 cup cooking liquid.
2. While pasta cooks, cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 4 minutes or until crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove bacon from pan, reserving drippings.
3. Add garlic to drippings in pan; sauté 1 minute, stirring constantly. Sprinkle flour over garlic; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly; cook 2 minutes or until bubbly and slightly thick, stirring constantly.
4. Reduce heat to low. Gradually add cheese, stirring until cheese melts.
5. Stir in salt and reserved 1/4 cup cooking liquid.
6. Add hot pasta to pan; toss well to combine.
7. Dish up, and sprinkle with bacon, parsley, and pepper.
modified from Cooking Light.