- 3 red chilies (the small, dried chilies in the Mexican food aisle)
- 2 Roma tomatoes
- 1 small can tomato sauce
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cumin
- small handful of cilantro
- 1 small onion
- 2 T lime juice
* Taste test as you go along. If you think it needs a little more of something, add it! :)
- Roast the chilies for a few minutes in a frying pan.
- Chop the tomatoes and onions up into smaller pieces.
- Add the chilies, tomatoes, tomato sauce, garlic, salt, cumin, and cilantro to a blender or food processor. Mix it up!
- Add onion and lime juice and mix it up a bit more.
*modified from Salty Pineapple