- 2 medium green peppers
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 T chopped onion
- 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
- 3 T taco seasoning (We use Ortega)
- sour cream (toppings)
- cheddar cheese (toppings)
- tomato (toppings)
- Cut tops off peppers and remove seeds. In a large pot, cook peppers in boiling water for 3-5 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onions over medium heat until cooked through; drain. Stir in the tomato sauce and taco seasoning; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 5-6 minutes.
- Spoon into peppers. Place in an ungreased glass baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes, or until peppers are tender.
- Top with sour cream, cheddar and tomatoes.